Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Protein Pancakes

I'm excited to share my first recipe! I'm a member of a fitness group on Facebook and one of the members graciously shared her Protein Pancakes recipe. I've tried a few recipes before but I've never liked the taste. I love this one! They are delicious, packed with protein, and easy to make.

Here is a picture of one of the perfect little pancakes. I'm having this at work this week as my mid-morning snack (or Meal #2). As my topping, I added 1 TBSP of this yummy peanut butter. It may not be the "cleanist" PB, but the price is really reasonable and I don't think the ingredients are too shabby!


Ingredients:
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protien powder
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP cinnamon

Directions:
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Grab just over 1/2 cup of batter and cook until done.

Makes 5 servings
Nutrients: 160 calories, 16g carbs, 2g fat, 17g protein, 3g sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment