Thursday, October 24, 2013

Psalm 36:7

Online Bible Study: A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

This weeks assignment: Psalm 36:7 ~ Unpack the verse for this week and share what I've learned through "verse mapping".


Defining Priceless:

Invaluable – Precious – Not Measureable
- It’s so precious that it cannot be determined.

Defining Unfailing:
Infallible – Constant – Never Ending
- It’s without error or fault.

Other Translations:

How precious is thy loving kindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge under the shadow of thy wings. ~ Psalm 36:7, ASV

Your love is a treasure, and everyone find shelter in the shallow of your wings. ~ Psalm 36:7, CEV

What this verse means to me:

I attended an ACTS Retreat in September 2010 and the verse we lived by for the weekend was:

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~Isaiah 40:22, NIV

I feel like these versus go hand in hand. I had been bottling up so much inside until I went on that retreat, things that happened in my childhood, failed relationships, and many mistakes I had made through the years. On that retreat I was able to open up my eyes and my heart to the Lord. I realized that He had been by my side all my life and through all my moments of despair. I had made so many wrong choices that I wondered how he could ever love me, accept me, and forgive me. He was there all along and all I needed to do was accept Him! On that retreat I put all my worries, struggles, hopes, and fear in Him. In return I developed a relationship with Him. He gives me unconditional love, unfailing love. I’ve been living an abundant life since I’ve chosen to soar on His wings and I know He will keep me safe in His arms (His wings) in those moments of despair… just like He’s always done for me in the past.

In my highest moment, my darkest day, He will protect me. His love is PRICELESS!!!


  P31 OBS Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment