Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Go-To Protein Shake

If I don't have time to prep my breakfast or mid-morning snack, I'll quickly whip up a shake before I head to work.  It's also a good alarm clock for my babies at 6:00 am (my son is NOT a morning person either, haha)!  This shake has everything I need... a carb, a protein, and a healthy fat.  The ingredients have been adjusted to meet my macros.



Ingredients:
- About Time Whey Protein Powder (right now I have vanilla but I LOVE the birthday cake flavor!)
- 1 cup Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp Marantha Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Chobani Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup ice

(I also add 1 TBSP of flaxseed and 1 TBSP of chia seeds if I have it on hand)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to the Magic Bullet and blend until smooth.

Makes 1 serving
Nutrients: 313 calories, 35g carbs, 9g fat, 27g protein, 11g sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment