Hi and welcome to my blog! I've been thinking about doing a blog for a while now but I felt like I hadn't been called to it... I mean, who would want to read about MY life?!?! Then, when God led me to do an Online Bible Study with Proverbs 31, A Confident Heart, and participate in blog hopping. I figured that was my calling! It's amazing how God works in our lives!!!
I'm a wife, a mom of 2, and I work full time. My passions in life are (1) studying God's Word and learning everything I can about how I can be the best Godly girl I can be, and (2) living a healthy lifestyle to include working out and eating clean. I am so busy with working and taking care of my home, so in order for me to make sure I'm taking care of those duties successfully, it's important for me to keep both of my passions at the top of my priority list. My goal with this blog is to talk about my life: share my love for God and how I strive to live a life of abundance, talk about my struggles and experiences of being a working mom, and motivate others with my personal way of living a healthy lifestyle.
What defines me?
- I am the oldest of my 3 beautiful sisters, Mandy, Brooke, and Demi. We are all different, but all the same in so many ways. I love them so much and cherish the moments when all 4 of us get together. It's not often, but when we do it's so much fun.
- My extended family lives in East Texas (Longview, Tyler, Gladewater areas) and we travel to see them as much as we can. There is never a dull moment on our 3 hour journey with 2 kids and 2 dogs (a Boxer, Toby and a Bichon, Bella). Even though it's a lot of work making the drive as much as we do, it's so worth it. We're making memories with our family that our kids will cherish forever.
- I served 8 years in the Air Force and was at the Pentagon on 9/11.
- I've completed a sprint triathlon, Olympic triathlon, numerous 5k's, a half marathon, and a full marathon. What I love to do the most is strength training at the gym or at home. I'm slowly adding to my at-home equipment. I usually have my kids in my workout room with me and my 2 year old loves to try to do what mommy is doing. It's precious.
- My husband, Danny, and I went to high school together, never spoke all through school, and then reconnected on Facebook 14 years later (cute story, right!). We got married, bought a home, and had 2 children within 3 1/2 years of being together. We've grown together so quickly and it's been amazing.
- Through the years I've made some wonderful friends. Such good friends like I have are hard to come by so I know just how lucky I am that they are hard to come by so I know just how lucky I am. They are such a big part of my life and I'm so thankful for their friendship. I know we will be friends forever. You know who you are!
- I LOVE being a Mom! Wow, my kids are so great... adorable and healthy. Joe is 2 years old and Lexi is 7 months old. They have amazing personalities and I love watching them grow together. They are such little blessings. I cherish every moment with them.
- Lastly, and most importantly, I've always loved and believed in Jesus Christ, but I "officially" accepted Him as my Savior on April 21, 2013. He blessed me beyond anything I could have imagined before then and continues to work in my life daily. I am so thankful for Him and His faithful love.
Thank you for reading!