I have to eat breakfast! It gives me the boost I need in the morning to be productive. I like to switch it up week to week so that I don't get bored, plus my tastebuds thank me when I introduce something new. This combination of eggs and peppers is so yummy. I hope you enjoy!
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 3 slices of turkey bacon (cooked and diced)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce for extra flavor
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet and add onions and peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper.
2. Add eggs and scramble everything together. Just before eggs are fully cooked, add cilantro and combine.
3. Serve with a dash of hot sauce.
Makes 3 servings
Nutritients: 292 calories, 28g carbs, 12g fat, 18g protein, 6g sugar